Hands on knowledge and experience of the maintenance and support of computer systems and networks of both small and large departments. Strong technical background who possesses self-discipline and the ability to work with the minimum of supervision. Having exposure to a wide range of technologies and able to play a key role in diagnosing hardware and software problems and to ensure that quality solutions meet business objectives. Possessing a good team spirit, deadline orientated and having the ability to organise and present complex solutions clearly and accurately.
Easy going by nature, willing to work in flexible hours and able to get along with both work colleagues and senior managers, currently looking for a suitable starting position as an IT Support Technician or System Support. Seeking a challenging position, which will permit me to use and enhance my skills in a progressive and dynamic organisation
Ensuring user notification of maintenance requirements and system availability. Maintaining confidentiality with regard to the information being processed and also providing on-the-job training to new department staff members.
Responsible for the installation and maintenance of IT equipment including (but not restricted to) printers, scanners, servers and workstations. Supporting customers using remote access technologies and also visiting other branches sites.
Provide a basic IT support for the firm. Ensuring the operation running smoothly. Maintain software and hardware of the firm. Provide a one to one technical support.
- Maintenance of email and network security systems
- Diagnosis of desktop, application, networking and infrastructure issues.
- Experience of supporting a wide and varied client base.
Troubleshooting PC’s, laptops and mobile devices.
- Administering Network Workstations
- Responsibility for company IT security
- Providing telephone and desktop support
- Administering the IT department’s policies and procedures.
- Forecasting any needed technical improvements
- Budgeting for and implementing any IT changes
- Maintain site licenses for department/organisation
- Produced informative, well-organised presentations to management
- Backup and disaster recovery plans
- Maintaining a log of all problems detected and system backups.
- Responsible for supporting: Windows 7/10, Office 2010/16, Windows Server, Small Business Server 2003/2008, Active Directory management Exchange
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Communicating technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Knowledge of Linux, MacOS, VMware, Software Simulation etc.
- Mobile communication.
- Excellent customer facing, communication and rapport building skills.
- Thorough understanding of computer and networking concepts.
- Physically fit, able to work in confined spaces, crawl and lift heavy objects.
- Able to prioritise in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work flexible schedules,
- Implemented a new database system for files registration, minimising registration error.
- Designed, implemented and managed a local intranet system of displaying branches for daily information centre and ensure the accessibility for all branches.
- Introducing a centralise incoming fax system to reduce wastage on paper.
- Set up and trained staff on how to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows advance features.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- IT Technician
- End User Support Diagnostics
- System Backup Hardware Exposure Problem Identification
- New Installation and Support
- Security/Firewalls Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Friendly personality